June 3rd, 2018
JACK HELLIER PLAYS 100 VFL GAMES
Members Stand flagstone returned home
Stolen 50 years ago, the 1909 Members Stand flagstone has finally been returned home to Victoria Park.
The Members Stand was constructed in 1909 and opened by the Lord Mayor of Collingwood Cr. H. Evans on May 1st before the round one clash against arch rivals Fitzroy at Victoria Park.
The Members Stand served the Collingwood Football Club for nearly 60 seasons until it was finally demolished in 1968 to make way for the construction of the first two thirds of the Sherrin Stand. It was during this demolition that the flagstone was stolen. Somehow the large and very heavy stone made it's way under the decking of a council house in Hawthorn where it was discovered by local workers performing renovations on the property.
The Victoria Park Heritage Committee is very proud to have played a key role in returning home an important part of Victoria Park's history.
Vale Anne Williams
It is with incredible sadness that I announce the passing of Anne Williams, known as annewilo on Nicks BB from 22nd March 2003.
Anne has made a tremendous contribution to the Collingwood Football Club, the Cheer Squad and the wider Collingwood community over many decades. From making banners, organising flags and floggers to devising ground breaking marketing concepts and even taking on and denting some of Collingwood FC's biggest egos. Anne's time was always free and given with unconditional love.
She will be very much missed by all.
Condolences to Anne's family and friends and especially her devoted son and daughter Anthony and Merissa and her beautiful grandchildren she adored so much.
Anne pictured here in 2012 in the Magpie Room of the Sherrin Stand
with her family name on the honour board
Vale Lou Richards
It is with incredible sadness the we announce the passing of Collingwood's 1953 premiership captain and club legend Lou Richards.
The Victoria Park Heritage Committee offers our sincerest condolences to the Richards and Pannam (Pannamopolous) families for the loss of their much loved Lou.
Lou's love for Collingwood and Victoria Park was only surpassed by his love for his incredible wife Edna and the beautiful family around them.
Lewis Thomas Charles Richards
Born March 15th, 1923
250 games - 423 goals
1953 Premiership Captain
A State Funeral will be held
to farewell Lou at St Paulís Cathedral
on Wednesday, May 17th at 11:00am
comes to Victoria Park
SUNDAY JUNE 25th
2017 Victoria Park Calendar
$15.00 inc GST
To order now while stocks last